Annual Industry Meeting: “Big Science in het Noorden”
The annual industry meeting will take place at the Innovation Cluster Drachten on the 10th of October. The programme will consist of presentations by all the industrial liaison officer about the activities at the various Big Science organisations.
Companies from the region will present their activities in the Big Science domain. We will end the day with a tour and drinks.
12:00 Walk-in lunch
- Joost Krebbekx - Welcome on behalf of Innovation Cluster Drachten
- Jan Visser - Welcome on behalf of ILO-Net & "What is and what does the ILO-Net do?"
13:20 Presentations by the Industrial Liaison Officers including:
- The update on the James Webb Telescope
- Updates and information on future tenders from SRON, LOFAR, SKA, ET pathfinder,
CERN, ESA and HFML-FELIX
14:15 The founding of the Noordelijke ("Leidse") Instrumentenmakersopleiding
15:00 Strong from the North - Presentations from a number of companies
16:00 Guided tour @ Philips & NTS-Norma
- Philips Drachten has introduced high-quality and advanced robotization, making it highly competitive
in the production of personal health products such as shavers.
- NTS Norma is the partner for ultra-precision manufacturing up to 1μm accuracy and for complex
mechatronic assemblies. Among its customers are the Semicon and Medical industries
17:00 drinks @ ICD
Location: SKIL - Izarda-zaal, Oliemolenstraat 5, Drachten